Monday, February 15, 2016

Just an Ordinary Day

It's been a bit chilly here lately (though certainly not anywhere near what many of you are feeling!) and I decided to pull out my favorite cool weather vintage outfit.


My Ruthie blouse is a favorite all year round. It's so comfy and breaths well during the summer. In the winter, it's perfect for layering under sweaters.


I paired it with a gray corduroy skirt that was a winter favorite from Ohio. I love corduroy for winter! It's so easy to care for and has a bit of extra warmth factor.


To winterize this outfit for colder locations, I'd add some thick tights or knee high socks and boots. Throw on your favorite cardigan and a fabulous winter jacket and you're ready to go! It's definitely possible to look cute and wear vintage in the winter. It just takes a bit more layering!


I decided to try something different with my hair since I'm stuck in the awkward grow out phase right now. I dug out one of my 1940s hair scarves and pinned up all of my hair except for my bangs. Curled under is about all my bangs can do for now so that's what I went with.


Since my bangs made my hair asymmetrical, I decided to tie the knot above my part rather than in the center as I usually wear it. It looked so cute that way! You can find a tutorial for a similar style here.


I know most of the other bloggers you follow will be posting Valentine's Day outfits today but the hubby and I are doing our Valentine's Day this evening. I did wear this cute vintage heart and key brooch as a nod to the holiday.


What I did on actual Valentine's Day is not super glamorous. Going grocery shopping, cleaning house and blogging. But such is life! Even bloggers are nonglamorous sometimes!


But if you've ever wondered what I wear for everyday life, this is it! One of the reasons that I love 1940s fashions is that they are oh, so practical for actually living life. Some other decades are much more suited to sit there and look pretty.


How was your Valentine's Day? Glamorous or quiet?

3 comments:

  1. I wish we were having such pleasant weather here right now! I think the high this past week was about 25 degrees, so we're all bundled up in coats and snow boots.
    I love the blouse, the style looks utterly classic. The brooch is the perfect little touch, I can't think of anything more suited to Valentine's Day.
    Cheers,
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely, classic outfit. It's quite similar to what I usually wear on a day-to-day basis as well (ditto for things like shirtwaist dresses and housedresses). Your brooch is stunning and just the perfect accessory for this month.

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really do solids so well ~ {oh, I know the blouse is dotty, but they are small dots, so you know how they still look solid? aha, you know what I mean!} ~ this look is so perfectly you Stephanie, and I love the bold red and blue paired with the grey! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete