Monday, October 19, 2015

5 Fall Trends to Get Excited About

Ah, fall, the most glorious of seasons! Here are some fall trends to get excited about while we enjoy the cooler weather and color changing leaves.


Plaid, plaid and more plaid! Wear just a touch or try head to toe. Plaid is the print of the season.


Wide legged trousers are a classy look for fall. Ladies of the 1930s and 1940s loved this look because they were chic and comfortable.


Fabulous suits are great all year round but there is something about fall that makes me reach for these sharp tailored ensembles in glorious fabrics like wool and velvet.


 All things leaf related are fabulous additions to your fall wardrobe. Go subtle with leaf jewelry or go bold with an all over leaf print like this great vintage dress.


Layers are a key feature of fall looks especially as we near the end of the year. This is the perfect time to play with mixing and matching colors, textures and prints. Play around with different combinations and push yourself.


8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with your list! I usually never wear plaids and now for the past two months I am totally gravitating to them! LOL Great post mama! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the plaid! I really want to make a plaid skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these, I have a favorite V striped plaid skirt that makes an appearance every fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I adore wearing my one silver leaf pin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love a good tartan! And I only ever wear it in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm itching to make something with plaid. It'll give me practice to match the fabrics... But good list, I approve greatly!!

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first dress is SO Ann Miller in On The Town, wow <3
    We're just getting into spring here (with some days that feel like summer already creeping in, send help!) but I'll still be embracing plaid and definitely some wide leg trousers, to catch those breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A giant yet to all five for me as well - especially plaid and suits. I've been living in both big time lately, with future outfit posts featuring each to follow soon. :)

    Wishing you a fantastic tail end of October,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete