Saturday, August 15, 2015

Fall Sewing Projects and Plans

I've been trying to plan out my fall and winter sewing projects. There are several stash busting projects I'd like to sew up and a few others that will materialize if I find the right fabric.


I have some light weight navy wool that I had earmarked for a 40s winter suit. When I checked, there was less than I thought so I may end up with a skirt and a vest instead. We'll see. I'm thinking of one of these two patterns for the skirt but haven't decided which yet.


I want to make a blouse from the remainder of my Egyptian fabric. I think this lovely 30s blouse pattern will do nicely. The 30s had some really cool blouses and I think I need some more in my wardrobe.


Speaking of the 1930s, I'm going to make this pattern out of some lovely plaid suiting. It's definitely more of a summer pattern but made up in fall colors, I think it will be perfect for a Florida fall.


There are a few other 1930s patterns that I'd like to make for fall. I think my issues with previous 30s makes were picking fabrics with not enough drape so I'll be keeping that in mind for further fabric shopping.


 And this is the lizard who was watching me right outside my sewing room window. There is usually one on that tree but this guy was staring at me.

9 comments:

  1. I've made the skirt (once) and jacket (each variation) from Simplicity 4366. The skirt is simple with a nice drape. I fully lined my jackets even though the pattern doesn't call for it. If you want to see pictures or you get stuck just email me bookbuff@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing plans look great and, I'm sure, will look perfect on you. The top two patterns look so swishy and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your ideas! I do have a suggestion that may solve your problem of not having enough fabric for the suit. I've been watching movies from the 30s and 40s and noticed women's suits made with different fabrics. The suits looked lovely with the sleeves, collars and pockets in different fabric than the body. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas! I do have a suggestion that may solve your problem of not having enough fabric for the suit. I've been watching movies from the 30s and 40s and noticed women's suits made with different fabrics. The suits looked lovely with the sleeves, collars and pockets in different fabric than the body. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plaid suiting fabric is deeply sophisticated. It smacks of fall and winter so much and I just adore it!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are great patterns, especially the first three! I have a weakness for Du Barry patterns. :) Can't wait to see how your 30s Egyptian blouse turns out, the fabric is lovely.
    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those 40s skirt patterns are lovely. Ha! It's rather funny, I am planning on making myself a navy blue skirt for autumn/winter too. And that 30s blouse pattern looks positively PERFECT with that Egyptian inspired fabric. It is going to be splendid!

    Happy sewing!
    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plans look awesome!! I can't wait to see the progress and subsequent outfit posts! I'm super excited to see the blouse in the Egyptian fabric!!

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete