Friday, September 28, 2012

Urban Nights

A couple of weeks ago, my husband and I and two of our friends went out to a local event called Urban Nights. Several areas downtown have activities going on like musicians and performers and a lot of the local shops are open late. They have this event a couple of times a year and it's always fun.


I wore my embroidered circle skirt and my new sweater. Yay a finished sweater that fits!


The pattern is from a Stitch in Time Vol. 2 and is called Ribbon Threaded Jumper. So cute! It's knit from a pale green acrylic yarn from a baby line so it's nice and soft!


Bow! The Ravelry page for this project is here. I started it way back in April but I finally finished it.


A cute sewing shop had their grand opening that evening. It was very cute!


The local vintage store was open and packed!


There was a new hat shop! They were mostly modern but there were a few vintage inspired lovelies.


And I couldn't resist a used book store.


I loved this singer's style! So cute and retro. That night I really wanted to go and chop my bangs off again but I resisted.


Fire spinners! :D


All in all, it was a fun night!

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you sweater in person! I got a book of sweater patterns at the library. Maybe I will start up again? I like the Green and brown together. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweater. Green is my favorite color and it looks similar to a peasant top, another one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sweater is fantastic! Great job on it! I really like that shade of green. It's fresh, cheerful, and unexpected (in a great way) - and it goes gorgeously with your dark locks.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is amazing! It's a perfect color/pattern combo on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats one super cute jumper! I've umm-ed and ahh-ed over that pattern, but you've totally made up my mind to knit it as well.
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete