Friday, September 7, 2012

A Knitting Conundrum

It is still hot here but the weather is supposed to be turning deliciously fall-ish tomorrow and continue that what for a while. But I'm so ready for fall and knitting! I'm almost done with my spring knitting project so it's time for fall knitting! (Since I kind of missed my planned summer project... )


My husband won me some yummy cranberry worsted weight wool yarn this summer so I'll be using it for my fall project. I've been trolling Ravelry for some yummy patterns.


This comfy sweater has a hood!


This darling bolero is also super cute!


This sweater has a darling lace pattern.


My vintage options are this 40s cardigan.


Or this Swagger Coat from A Stitch In Time Vol. 2 but I'd have to do a shorter version.

Oh, decisions, decisions! I'm leaning towards the bolero (possibly lengthening the sleeves) or the mustard lace sweater. I've got less than 20 rows left on my current sweater and I'm all excited to cast on a new project. What pattern do you like best?

7 comments:

  1. Ooo, it's a toss up between the mustard lace cardi or the 40's cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few versions of the mustard lace and I've loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bolero is beyond adorable. It looks like it would be a really quick project too, even if you make the sleeves longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the red 40's cardi. It is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh, this is tricky for sure - they're all terrific. For me it's a toss up between the lace sweater and the red bolero (which I'd lengthen the sleeves on a tad, as I prefer mine to hit below the elbow usually).

    Hope whichever one you opt for turns out gorgeously!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really can't miss...all of the choices are good ones. My fave, however is the '40's cardigan. Good luck choosing, and do share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes- the 40s cardigan or the lace one. So cute. what a great color of yarn for fall!

    ReplyDelete