Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Essentials Sew-Along in Review

Since the SESA is supposed to be over around August(ish) and I'm going full steam on my Renaissance dress (with a few mini project detours for other people), I thought I'd go ahead and consider it closed for me. I had a lot of fun doing this. I had a really great revelation with respect to sewing practical pieces for my life (with Self-Stitched September in mind!) and I feel like I've gotten tons of stuff done! Plus, I worked in a lab the last three summers and was in serious need of cute summer clothes!!!!

So here's what I've accomplished:

LinkSweet and Sassy Skirts: 2, 6, 7 and the UFO pirate beignet (Am on the search for the perfect buttons!)
Calm Diggers & Co.: 8
The Sundress: 9
Tees, Tunics & Blouses: 1, 4, 8 and the yet un-photographed Pendrell #1 (EDIT: see here!)
Accessorize Me: 3, 5

The goal was to create 5 pieces and I did 10 so that was great even though I didn't exactly follow my summer sewing plan all that well.

6 comments:

  1. Impressive collection of wonderful items!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really great accomplishment, you've got some gorgeous things for your summer wardrobe there. I love your sundress. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again, forgot to say THANK YOU for your comment on a recent post about me looking younger than my age! It made my day!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely impressed, seeing as how all I've gotten on my list was 2 completed things, a somewhat-over-halfway finished knitting project, and a cut-out skirt. (I need to update Flickr.) But I did have a couple of unplanned things that had/have to get done, too. August-ish means until the end of the month, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) What a prolific summer that was for you! I'm especially in love with your summer dress and the red and blue skirts...

    ReplyDelete