Sunday, July 24, 2011

Snap Shots

I managed to get a couple of old family pictures scanned a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd share some of my favorites. Once I get more done, I'm planning on doing themed posts for you all but these are really random.

This was a loose picture with no writing on the back, but I believe that this is my great-great grandma, my great grandma and one of her kids (My great aunt Dot maybe since I think she's the oldest. My step-mom made a great family tree calendar and I need to get a copy from her!). This is another great picture where my great-grandma looks like me!

This cute picture is one of my favorites! These three girls are so stylish. It's labeled "The Three Musketeers" on the front. The back is dated 1927 with Elizabeth Spalding (my great grandma), "me", Eva Evnon. My great grandma is the one on the left.

This three some is also fabulous! Could it possibly be the same girls from above?? Or some of the ladies from the picnic photo?? My great grandma was close to her three aunts too. It had writing on the back. Unfortunately, it was torn out of a book, so the top of the message is missing and part of it is scratched out. It reads "..... the one of (scratched out) was not printed. Would love to see you. Write soon. Love, "Gene" ". I just love these little bits of history!

I also don't have any info on this picture but she's certainly all doll up to go somewhere!

This picture is of my grandmother in a stylish sailor blouse and a back buttoning skirt from 1957. I'm not sure who the guy is but I do have more pictures of her and sailors floating around. I love that my grandma also rocked the short hair and glasses.

6 comments:

  1. These are fantastic photos! What a great peek into times gone by. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fantastic photos!!!! Love the nautical outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hats on those 3 girls! These are great. I need to get my hands on my old family pics too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that you have all these lovely family photos! :) The second and last are my favorite--so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are awesome, thanks for posting them for us! I think the sailor photo is my favorite of the set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing photos, how lucky you are to have them! Thank you so much for posting, the second one has to be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete