Friday, May 27, 2011

Paris is always a good idea

I have always wanted to go to Paris. So when my stepmother was there and brought me back a t-shirt I was ecstatic.

Except that it didn't fit. The sleeves were an awkward bracelet length that just didn't work and my tummy peaked out unless I stood absolutely still. So it lived a sad life in the refashion pile until I found this tutorial and voila!

Introducing the "Paris is always a good idea" dress! Inspired by Paris and Audrey fabulousness.

Fabric: T-shirt: gift, ties: leftovers, skirt: leftovers
Pattern: self drafted via this tutorial
Notions: none!
Time to complete: 1 day
First worn: May 2011
Wear again? yups, but as I made this a couple weeks ago during a freak cold spell, it'll probs be retired until fall
Total Cost: $0

Things I'd do differently: Because my bust is so much bigger than my waist, the waist of this skirt is pretty big (hence the ties!). However, the waistband sags a lot in the back, which you can see because of the contrasting ties. So I think I'd add some loops to the back put the ties through. And I forgot to put pockets in! There wasn't enough plaid fabric left anyways but that's ok.

2 comments:

  1. I've been losing weight lately and instead of giving up on my fav shirts for work I've been putting darts in where I could, sometimes even just doing a moon shape dart on the sides (this helps also create a more hourglass figure too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love Paris and hope to be able to go someday! What a sweet gift and I love how you've used it for a super fabulous dress!

    ReplyDelete