Friday, October 8, 2010

Sewing and Cooking Fun

Yesterday and today I had off school and dove into all things domestic! My first project was my circle skirt!


Here's a close up of my fabric. It's a really pretty floral that is sort of stiff. My other circle skirt is stiff too, so hopefully they'll lay the same.


The skirt was simple and easy to make. I've finished except the hem and the hook and eye on the waist band. The vintage pattern I got from Casey's Elegant Musings says to let the skirt hang 48 hours before hemming. I'm assuming that this is to let things settle. (Anybody have any thoughts on this?? Because without this step, the project would be a super easy weekend project.) Although, it's probably a good thing that I can't finish till Saturday because I'm planning on wearing it on Sunday, but it's so cute, I want to wear it right now!

The most difficult part of the skirt was putting in the zipper. Never having put in a zipper before, I didn't know you needed a special foot for your sewing machine, which of course I didn't have.... I made it work though. The zipper is in-functional, if not super pretty. But it's on the side and I don't care if it's pretty. I will, however, be getting a zipper foot before I do any more zipper projects.


I also started some Christmas present projects for people. I'm not posting the finished projects, but I loved this fabric so much I wanted to share with you. I know I'll have to find something cute to do with the leftover fabric. Any thoughts?

Today, I cooked some freezable breakfast burritos for my hubby. (I might have to steal some though.) They were super easy.


1. Scramble eggs.


2. Cook breakfast sausage (or bacon, if you prefer.)


3. Build your burrito. Add cheese. You could also add peppers, but we didn't have any.


4. Wrap in foil and freeze. (I forgot to take pictures of this step...oops!)

No comments:

Post a Comment