Saturday, July 3, 2010

On the Town

I love TCM! So many fabulous old movies! Today I caught "On the Town" (1949) starring Gene Kelly, Frank Sinatra, Betty Garrett, Ann Miller, Jules Munshin and Vera-Ellen. I adore musicals from this era. They're a bit over the top but the stars are great- acting, singing, dancing! Actors today just don't measure up.


So cute!


Get a load of these dresses! I love the pink one!


I drooled over this green number with the plaid trim.
It's also plaid on the inside of the skirt!


You can't help enjoying shows where guys
pick up girls and go out on the town,
rather than diving for the bed.



One of my favorite things about this film was
how patriotic and promilitary (navy in this case)
it was. I wish our boys over there right now
could get this kind of appreciation when
they come home on leave.

I highly suggest you catch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment